Made this pound cake last two month if i'm not mistaken..so lazy to post it..I'm really sorry..The best pound cake i had tested..and this recipe would be a keeper..munching it not only a slice but all in the pictures by my self..too heaven..too moist..can't stop it..Get this recipe from Kak Rima Sg..Thanx a lot and I copied the recipe for my future reference ya..
Cinnamon Swirl Buttermilk Pound Cake
Recipe : (From Tish Boyle's The Cake Book)
Cinnamon Streusel Swirl( I omit this step)
1/2 cup (60g) All purpose flour
1/3 cup (72g) Firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp(42g)Unsalted butter - melted
Buttermilk Pound Cake
2 cups (242g) All purpose flour
1/2 cup (57g) Cake flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Ground cardamom - didnt add
1cup (227g) Unsalted butter, softened
2 cups (400g) Castor sugar (I used 380g)
3 large Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Finely grated orange zest
1cup (240ml) Butter Milk
1. Preheat oven to 170C / 325F. If using a bundt pan, grease the inside of a 10inch bundt pan with butter and dust it with flour. I used a loaf pan and lined it with baking paper and two mini bundt pans
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients of the Cinnamon swirl. Add the melted butter and stir until blended and crumbly.
3. Sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cardamom into a medium bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
4. Using a paddle attachment, cream butter for 2 mins at medium speed in a mixer until very creamy. (2mins) Gradually add in the sugar and continue beating at medium high speed until pale and light. (4mins)
5. At medium speed, add in eggs one at a time and mix to incorporate eggs well.
6. Add vanilla extract and orange zest. Add in the flour in 3 portions, alternating it with milk (2 additions). Mix until just combined.
7. Scrape half of the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Sprinkle the streusel mixture evenly over the batter. Scrape the remaining batter on top and smooth it into an even layer.
8. Bake the cake for 65 to 75mins, until the cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Cool the cake for 15 mins before turing out the cake to cool completely.
P/s: I try to write in english but i'm not confident yet plus my grammar too bad..am still learning..